Thursday, May 14, 2009

Thanksgiving in May

Just a quick little note here...I started this blog after Thanksgiving, and with any luck, by this Thanksgiving the posts will be irregular. I won't necessarily have the opportunity to tie Thanksgiving, the holiday, to the feelings I have for those who follow this blog -- especially those who are kind enough to call, email, post, etc., some of whom have even tolerated my inability to call back right away, etc.

My point is: I'm thankful for each and every one of you. I truly feel like I'm not going through this alone, in large part because of the "virtual support network" I have here with you.

You all make a difference. Thanks!!!!

2 comments:

  1. and we are all so grateful for you!
    and incredibly thankful that you are doing so well.
    can't wait to have you back 100%.
    xo!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Nick,

    Hope you are feeling better and can return to Arkansas soon to finish your treatment (you must have a love/hate feeling about Arkansas).

    I wanted to tell you that a good friend (and colleague) was diagnosed with Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma around the same time that you were diagnosed. He’s been battling this since November. He, too, has been out of work since then (obviously) and has been fighting like mad against the disease. Anyway, I’m telling you this because he has just been declared cancer-free (as of yesterday) and hopes to return to work within a month or two. He has a positive outlook just like you. He is young and has a young family just like you. He believes his attitude and love for his child are what pulled him through. You two are similar in that regards - good attitude, humor and love; it makes a difference. You are close and you’ll beat this!! Soooo, YOU ARE NEXT!

    Oh and Matt and I keep talking about Napa... Auberge du Soleil is calling our names. However, this time, I am NOT leaving during dessert. I am guarding it from you two men (I'll share with Jill though... =P:::)

    ReplyDelete