Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Okay, spoke with BB...

I like this guy -- he called me after his dinner ended at 11PM his time.  It seems his assistant / clinician MAY have overstated things.

My chromosome 1 abnormality is not a good sign.  But it's not definitive.  Their proprietary gene array analysis will need to be done to determine what is going on.

But he did say that he thought my regularly scheduled appointment on the 25th would be soon enough.  In other words, I have next week to spend with family and friends.

So I am back, albeit somewhat shaken by the process, to believing that I will be in the low-risk group.  I have too many otherwise positive markers.  So until they prove to me that my gene array analysis definitively puts me in the high risk category, I'll go on believing I am low risk.

If I *am* deemed high risk, and his protocol can't help me, then I will go with KA's suggested regimen (which is consistent with what City of Hope and Dr. SH would do) which would be Velcade, Revlimid and Dex during induction, followed by a single autologous transplant, followed by maintenance on Revlimid.  Followed by finger crossing to make sure more drugs come out.

What a day...ugh.

Now drinking:

Had a 2002 Quilceda Creek (100 points in Parker).  Delicious.  Moving on to a 2000 Chateau Pavie (100 points in Parker as well).  It's a two bottle evening.  The liver can wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment